+63 926 638 7814
support@hklivescores.com
Highlights

Conte confirms he’ll be in Spurs dugout vs Brighton after bout of Covid

by:

0

Spurs boss Antonio Conte will be in the dugout for Saturday’s Premier League clash with Brighton after his recent bout of coronavirus.

The Italian tested positive following last weekend’s win at Aston Villa after complaining of mild symptoms, but is now feeling better.

He has been involved at the training ground this week by social distancing and will lead his Spurs team as normal.

The ‘best’ Big Six XI of the Premier League season

Tottenham boss Conte said at a pre-match press conference: “I attended the training session but from distance. I had my staff, they did a really good job after the game against Aston Villa and the day after, I started to feel a bit of mild symptoms, a bit of pain in my throat.

“I asked to have a Covid test and it was positive, but now I’m fine. I’m well and for sure this was a strange week for me and the players, they are used to have sessions with me but it’s OK because my staff are doing a great job.

“I think on Saturday, I will be able to be with my players on the bench given the length of time from my Covid test, I think I can stay on the bench on Saturday.”

Matt Doherty was ruled out for the season earlier this week after leaving the pitch after a tackle from Aston Villa defender Matty Cash at the weekend.

Gearing up for another big weekend of #PL action!

@Getir_UK pic.twitter.com/LcCShukq6n

— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) April 14, 2022

Conte added: “The Doherty injury is really bad news for us, you know well the improvement in our team and it’s a pity because to lose a player like him for the rest of the season is no good for us.

“Also (Japhet) Tanganga and (Oliver) Skipp are not available, this bad news for us. On the other hand, I think now we have the solution to cope with this situation until the end of the season. There’s only seven games to go, (Ryan) Sessegnon is ready and is in the squad, Emerson, (Sergio) Reguilon, we have to try to cope in the best possible way until end of season. To lose these players is not easy for us.

On the latest on Doherty, Conte continued: “The first visit with the doctor, he said he can recover without surgery, but it is important to have different opinions and then to make the best decision, talking about seven/eight weeks to recover and for this reason his season has finished and it’s a pity he was an important player for us.”

 

The post Conte confirms he’ll be in Spurs dugout vs Brighton after bout of Covid appeared first on Football365.

Leave a comment